- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an internal or external communications role, or a Human Resources or Marketing role with a communications focus is required.
- Track record in developing, executing, and evolving comprehensive and proactive communications plans, as well as specific programs and campaigns is preferred.
Other Job Qualifications
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from associates is required.
- Strong speaking skills with the ability to be sensitive to an organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to associates.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to work cross-functionally. Needs to possess the confidence to deal with multiple levels within the organization and articulate a concise message.
- Must have the creative ability to devise communication strategies from print, online and digital.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office products.
- Skilled in the use of SharePoint and Poppulo communications software.
- Skilled in the use of several different social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Exert up to 10lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Constant (67-100% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.