- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences required; Advanced degree in Life Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of three years of a track record exceeding sales targets required.
- Extensive familiarity with existing academic and corporate accounts in the specified region required.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management in both written and verbal format.
- Working knowledge of Power BI and SalesForce.
- Excellent understand/knowledge of IDT’s products.
- Proven ability to manage existing business while creating new business.
- Strong practical knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Knowledge of Biotech, Academic and Government Research Accounts in the territory.
- Proven ability to work independently in outside sales environment.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of IDT staff and management.
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Travel Requirements (anything requiring overnight stay):
- Frequent = More than 20% of time
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
Frequent (34-66% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.