- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related science field required.
- PhD in a synthetic biology related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years wet lab research using nucleic acids (cloning, PCR, NGS, CRISPR or similar) required.
- Vector development, synthetic biology construction preferred.
- Previous industry experience preferred.
- Experience with lab automation, liquid handling preferred.
- Basic knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python or similar) preferred.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Comfortable with rapid changes in projects and goals and reprioritization of tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently with little direction from supervisors
- Ability to communicate successfully with customers, requiring a high level of technical knowledge
- Flexible and self-starting; with willingness to take on projects/tasks of all sizes.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a quick paced environment with little structure.
- Understanding of DNA structure, basics of cloning and molecular biology, and fundamentals of genetics.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues with a wide range of skills and experience in different fields.
- Ability to probe skillfully and develop strategies for success even when detailed information or methods are lacking.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
Exert up to 10lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.