- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field with at least 2 years of IDT or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with customers, employees, and all levels of management.
- Knowledge of department processes and products to make decisions for custom requests preferred.
- Experience with writing scripts for liquid handlers and automated normalization processes
- Previous leadership experience preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Skill to plan and organize the steps to implement new processes for custom requests
- Ability to accurately calculate concentration based on customer criteria
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Occasional travel (up to 5%) is expected.
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
Frequent (34-66% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.