Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Bachelor’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with three or more years relevant lab experience required
- Master’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with one or more years relevant lab experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with NGS (specifically with illumina sequencing) required
- Experience with NGS product development (particularly for library preparation and targeted sequencing) preferred
- Experience with multiplex PCR or qPCR preferred.
- Experience with design of experiment (DOE) and statistical analysis preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Previous experience with primer/probe design and statistical tools for DOE preferred.
- Good understanding of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis, such as hybridization, amplification, PCR, NGS etc.
- Detailed oriented with excellent laboratory skills
- Strong data analysis and experiment troubleshooting skill
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train others in basic laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.