- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Master’s degree (in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related scientific field) or the equivalent in experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Prior experience with a CMS, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign/InCopy preferred.
- Prior experience writing and editing scientific documentation preferred.
- Prior relevant lab experience in several of the following preferred: cloning/synthetic biology, qPCR/PCR, genetic/SNP analysis, functional genomics using small RNAs, next generation sequencing, mutagenesis and other applications using oligonucleotide reagents.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent project management, time and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under deadline in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change and flexibility.
- Ability to perform research and cite sources.
- Willingness and aptitude for learning to use new software.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross functional team and with varied personalities across many departments (Technical Support, Sales, Research, Manufacturing, Legal, etc.).
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic work ethic, be self-motivated and able to take initiative, and show a desire to participate in the growth and success of the company.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or to a minimal amount frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Frequently (34%-66% of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.