- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related science field required; M.S or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Lab experience in microbiology, molecular biology, bioinformatics, or related fields required.
- Previous experience in the life science industry, a research lab environment or relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in typing required.
- Previous customer care experience preferred.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with DNA search and design tools such as BLAST, DNA*, Primer3, etc.
- Understanding of DNA structure, basics of cloning and molecular biology, and fundamentals of genetics.
- Ability to analyze data, identify key issues, and solve problems using critical thinking skills.
- Ability to search, comprehend, interpret, and convey relevant scientific information to and from customers, the primary literature, and from IDTs production and research labs and Bioinformatitions.
- Ability to search current scientific literature for potential relevant methods and techniques to acquire necessary information to fill technical gaps and stay informed with rapidly changing techniques and to convey these techniques to others within Synthetic Biology Department.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues with a wide range of skills and experience in different fields.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a quick paced environment.
- Ability to probe skillfully to get the facts when others are averse to providing detailed information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
Exert up to 10lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.