- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field required (Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life science field preferred); alternatively, an Associate’s degree with 2 years of IDT experience required.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and an emphasis on Excel) required.
Position Specific Experience/Skills
- Experience with sterile techniques required.
- PCR experience required.
- Previous sequencing experience (Sanger and/or Next Generation) preferred.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation (liquid chromatography, spectrophotometers) preferred.
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to manage time well and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and use information on hand to make an appropriate decision or seek advice from appropriate resources when necessary.
- Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others.
- Flexibility, able to adapt well to changes in process and/or procedure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, communication styles, and leadership styles.
- Ability to adapt to incorporation of new products and processes continuously required.
- Responsible and committed to a customer service mentality to ensure high quality products are provided to internal and external customers.
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.