- Bachelor’s degree (in Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field) with six or more years relevant work experience required
- Master’s degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field) with four or more years relevant work experience preferred
- PhD degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field) preferred
- Previous experience in NGS required
- Knowledge and understanding of computational and biological issues required
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced and results-oriented environment preferred
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
- Programming and data analysis experience in a distributed Unix environment
- Familiarity with public bioinformatics resources and tools
- Knowledge of best-practice data presentation methods for internal and external audiences
- Ability to easily integrate into and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.