Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Bachelor’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with six or more years relevant lab experience required
- Master’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with four or more years relevant lab experience preferred
- PhD degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with one or more years relevant lab experience preferred
Position Specific Professional Experience
- Biotech Industry based experience in enzyme isolation and purification required
- Experience with molecular biology enzymes characterizations (including but not limited to unit activity determinations, purity and contaminant removal) required
- Knowledge of industry standards for Quality Control testing of purified recombinant enzymes required
Other Professional Experience
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Previous experience with DNA analysis/genomics applications in NGS, qPCR or CRISPR required.
- Previous experience with public speaking preferred.
- Previous experience with publishing scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of IDT products and product lines preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train others in basic laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.