Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Bachelor’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with ten or more years relevant lab experience required
- Master’s degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with eight or more years relevant lab experience preferred
- PhD degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field) with six or more years relevant lab experience preferred
Position Specific Professional Experience
- Experience with advanced DNA cloning techniques required.
- Experience with aseptic technique and bacterial cell culture required.
- Experience in protein biochemistry and protein engineering methodologies preferred.
- Experience with independently planning and implementing complex research projects required.
- Experience with scientific writing and research presentation to audiences of varying experience levels required.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Applies statistics for DOE during research and product development activities required.
- Previous experience with public speaking preferred.
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of IDT products and product lines preferred.
- Experience conducting bacterial genetics screens is preferred but not required.
- Basic protein purification experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in the CRISPR field is preferred but not required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train others in basic laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.